Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Project Space Reflection


Vanessa Sandoval

English 113B

Professor Lawson

3/26/13
                     Project Space Reflection

The place I chose for Project Space is the Highland Park Theater located in Highland Park in Northeast Los Angeles. The reason I chose this place is because I have been familiar with this theater since I was a child. All my family lives in Highland Park and I grew up here. I consider this area as my second home. Everyone who lives in Highland Park is knows about this theater and the significance of it. The Highland Park Theater is considered to be a historic monument in Highland Park. What interested me about this place is the fact that it’s a vintage cinema that goes back to the 1930s. Anything to do with that era catches my attention I like learning about the past and how different everything was. The main reason I chose this theater is because I have a personal connection to it. I remember attending this theater when I was five years old. I watched Tarzan and Titanic here. I share a lot of good memories with this place and I can truly say the Highland Park Theater is part of my childhood.

Throughout this essay I can say my writing process has changed in some ways. In this essay I use first person point of view and uses my senses more to describe the place I visited. I feel that with this essay I am more creative and expressive with my writing. For example I talk about the importance of this theater and how it has impacted my life. I started this essay with the help of my field report I incorporated those notes into my essay. I can say I did procrastinate a little because sometimes I feel I have so much to do and little time but I didn’t procrastinate as much as I did with Project Web. The easiest part of this process was being able to connect with this place. The most difficult was describing how the Highland Park community connects to this place because everyone is connects to this theater differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment